The Silverwing Roof Hard Shell Tent SWT90
The Silverwing SWT90 Roof Hard Shell Tent is the best roof top tent on the market. With a footprint of 86″x51″ this tent is big enough for two adults and their gear. The interior volume is 90 cubic feet. The roomy usable interior dimensions are 82″x48″x39″ (LxWxH).
With this size it’s easy to sleep and be very comfortable with two adults. Setup time is 1 minute and take down time is 3 minutes. This is the perfect tent for any on-the-road or off-the-road adventures. You’ll stay dry and have peace of mind being up and away from the rocks, mud, and creepy crawlies.
The ladder is adjustable up to 8.5′ and easily stores in the SWT90 roof top tent. Standard features include large rain awning for entry, fully zipped doors and windows with mesh to block the no-see-ums, all windows and doors can fully unzip for maximum ventilation, large hanging storage net on the ceiling, two personal storage pockets for shoes and personal items (one on each end), 2 extra metal hooks, and 2.3″ HDF comfy mattress with removable cover.
We build high quality products to give you many years of enjoyment. Because of this we include high quality, customer-favorite product features that outshine the competition, including:
- ABS hard shell with reinforced base
- Car protector kicker pad
- Water resistant tent fabric and zippers
- Safety straps to hold your ladder in place while in the tent
- Thick comfy foam mattress
- Large windows and door with screens for the no-see-ums and creepy crawlies
- Deluxe 8.5′ adjustable aluminum ladder
- Solar charged LED lantern with fan
- Aerodynamic design for great fuel economy
- Privacy fly (optional)
- Clam shell design allows for large storage of bedding and other bags while traveling. This makes for a pop-up and ready-to-camp design.
The unit comes pre-assembled and only requires installation on your vehicle of choice. Once installed with the included mounting brackets the hard shell roof tent is ready to use at a moments notice.
- Large rain awning for entry
- Fully zipped doors and windows with mesh
- 1 window on each end and a larger one opposite of the large entry door
- All windows and doors can fully unzip for maximum ventilation
- Large hanging storage net on the ceiling
- Two personal storage pockets for shoes and personal items (one on each end)
- 2 extra metal hooks, and 2.3″ HDF comfy mattress with removable cover
- Interior dimensions: 82″x48″x39″
- Exterior open dimensions: 86″x51″x41″
- Exterior closed dimensions: 86″x51″x11″
- Weight (no packaging): 154 lb
- Shell material: Reinforced ABS shell
- Tent fabric: Water resistant 600 Denier Oxford fabric
- Mesh size: 75 Denier polyester
- Quick and easy setup and take-down
- Storage of sleeping pads and gear while traveling
- Off the ground and away from critters
- Dry and flat sleeping area
- Strong and durable clam shell design to protect tent and gear
- Fits most vehicles and UTVs with accommodating roof racks
Does it fit my vehicle?
Most vehicles can handle the tent weight on their roof structure. The issue comes in the actual strength of the roof rack cross bars. Many vehicles come with a stock cross bar. Please ensure it is capable of handling the minimum of 150lb (see your vehicle’s User Manual for this information). The listed weight is the “dynamic” load (load allowed while in motion or traveling). Some people may refer to a “static” load; this simply refers to the weight the unit may bear while parked and not in motion. Static load capacities are up to 10 times the dynamic load depending on the weight distribution and the style of roof rack. Every vehicle is different so we usually recommend purchasing some type of aftermarket roof rack to ensure it’s strong enough for the job and makes installation much easier.
Here are the specifications for roof rack mounting:
- Min width (side to side) 24″
- Max width (side to side) 48″ or more depending on the length of the cross bars
- Minimum of 2 cross bars required (3 for rough roads)
- Min length (front to back) 30″
- Max length (front to back) 60″
- Recommended distance between front and rear roof rack cross bar is 32″-48″
- Min distance between car roof and roof cross bar is 4″ for easier install
- Cross bars need to support minimum of 150 lb when in transit. (Consult your owners manual for this specification)
- Max recommended static load capacity (while parked) 550 lb
- You may choose to remove the ladder from the tent when traveling to reduce weight on your roof rack if necessary
If you still have question please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you have firmly attached the tent to your vehicle (all bolts are intact and secure) and check it often the first 25 miles and then check every trip.
This product does NOT require assembly. The customer must only install the unit on their vehicle of choice.
Please contact us at email@example.com for shipments outside the continental United States. Most areas just have an added freight surcharge.
We accept any form of payment (credits cards) accepted through squareup.com.
Standard shipping via common carrier is included in the cost to most areas of the continental United States. Delivery includes curbside drop (only at the end of your driveway, not your garage). It does not include any assembly, set up, or removal of packaging. The carrier will call to set a delivery time window. A signature is required. Some areas that have extraordinary delivery requirements may necessitate an additional shipping fee to the customer. Estimated deliveries typically take about 5-12 business days but may be quicker or slower depending on your location.
It is your responsibility to inspect the unit prior to the delivery agent’s departure from your home. The item may be refused if there is damage or you may note damage on the delivery receipt to file a damage claim. If no damage is indicated on the delivery receipt then we must assume it arrived in an undamaged condition. Returns may not be authorized if damaged is not noted on the delivery receipt. The driver may try to rush you but you can request a few minutes to open and inspect everything.
Shipping specifications for the SWT90:
260lb (88″x54″x19) Cl175 NMFC 182130-4
- The unit will arrive in your local shipping terminal
- The local terminal will contact you (via phone is always their first point of contact) and set an appointment.
- Deliveries are typically set as an appointment during a 4-hour block of time. Delivery times are normally between 8AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). You may call the terminal ahead and submit a written preauthorization for delivery if you can’t be present. However this can be risky if the freight is damaged. It is always better to be present for delivery and inspect for any damages.
- You will sign the delivery receipt. The signer must be an adult. Note any damages or if you refused due to damage.
- Your driveway must accessible to a larger truck or semi. If it is too narrow or may cause damage to the truck then the delivery may not be able to be completed. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your driveway is inaccessible for a large truck. We can arrange the delivery to an alternate address or you may pick up from the local terminal if required.
Returns: The customer (you) are responsible for return freight costs. Returns must be preauthorized and submitted within 6 business days from the delivery date as noted by the delivery company. Any other return submission after 6 business days may not be honored. Please allow up to 3 weeks for return processing after Silverwing receives the returned item. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Cancellations: If you cancel your order before it ships out from our dock we will refund your purchase price minus a $80 cancellation fee. No cancellations are allowed after an order has shipped.
Email for all information regarding returns: email@example.com.
Shipping outside the continental US
We do ship to shipping terminals in Hawaii. This is an added $399 for most Hawaii destinations. Adding the residential delivery to the shipping is possible but will require an additional fee for the added freight costs.
Email us for other destinations we haven’t listed. Thanks for being a valued Silverwing customer!
Silverwing is not liable for damages caused by negligence, accidents or product failure.